Friday, February 5, 2010

Color folly.....


A lot of my photos are just discovery through accidental observation. I flipped the bowl over to check it's middle bottom design and ka pow,  the red place mat below added color to the glass.  It almost looks like paint clinging to it's different  grooves.  I did find out that this bowl was called a Stellar design and  it was made in 1914 by the Imperial Glass company.



A wooden pump shows a sample of the last red paint job on the barn. I built this to circulate the water through into the koi tank.  This wood was scrap leftover from the neighbors barn that was totally destroyed by a tornado. It was flattened and I salvaged some of the wood. The neighbor asked me to make a frame from it. That barn was in her backyard, a half of block from here, where she lost actually three buildings, a camper, but not her house.


Hey, how many people are willing to show your pictures of a pooper scooper?  I see I didn't get it brought in for the winter.  I guess it is hiding over there waiting for spring.  Oh well, be yourself,  I guess.  Thanks for stopping in, Friday is here and stay warm.

8 comments:

claude said...

About your first photo I thought it was a Xmas decoration again!!! Good observation, Larry !
I prefer le pump with no red color, natural.
Have a nice day !

Valerie said...

I'm learning from your experiments, Larry.
Your neighbour must have been devastated at the loss of property. I don't know if I could cope with such a tragedy.
Loved the wooden pump, you are a very clever man.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, especially love the glass bowl with the red showing through. I hope you have a nice weekend too. Georgia is having lots of rain and wind.

Stephanie said...

I thought the glass photo was a Christmas ornament at first - especially since you're still putting them away! I like it!

Glennis said...

Your lovely glass bowl looks well with its pretend red paint splotches on it, and the pump is also impressive in the snow.

Sunny said...

I had fun looking at your first picture and trying to figure out what it was before I read your narrative. At first glance I thought it was a hubcap. I love the old pump.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

L.D. That looks like a horses pooper scooper! LOL My beloved dog Jake is losing his fight with his old body, and I use a pooper scooper for him, but I guess I've used it for the last time. I do have a small dog but she doesn't leave much. What kind of PS is yours for? A dog or horse? :)

Anonymous said...

Larry, I posted a picture of my pooper scooper today! I took your challenge! LOL

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...