Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tropical Iowa......


I set up one of my son's aquariums today.  It is a smaller one so it would not take a lot of activity.  I still have the 55 gallon in the basement.  I bought two fish that spent their night in a bucket, but are now in their own little five gallon tank. This was one of my shots with no fish in it.  My son has this far out colored rocks and I just kept it in the tank. You can see the colors at the bottom glowing upward.



They are a fantail comet and a shubunkin goldfish.  Their colors are all gold, silver, orange and brown.  I can keep them inside or put them out this spring with the other fish. I wanted to get tropical fish, but the messing with the cold weather, bringing them home and getting the tank heater to bring up the temperature, seemed too much of a hassle.   These two look like they are dancing, but the camera was scaring them for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting photos. I haven't had a goldfish since I was about 8 yrs. old. These are really pretty with their coloring.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...