Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday, in the middle......


I had a sluggish day today so I didn't get anything new on the camera. I posted this photo on a previous blog months ago.  I took the photo many years ago at the Des Moines Botanical Center with a student group that was touring the place.  It was in March and I am not sure if they hang lanterns like this all the time, but I really liked how they looked.


It is a pleasant place with koi swimming in the water features and parakeets and zebra finches flying freely from tree to tree.  Orchids are always in bloom and the sound of the water fall is pleasant. It is a great place to visit in the winter time.

7 comments:

Glennis said...

The lanterns hanging look just great. A nice place to have visited.

Sunny said...

This is such a cheerful picture, and a welcomed break from winter.
Sunny :)

claude said...

Beautiful lanterns which give a nice decoration in the tree.
With no doubt a pleasant place.

Stephanie said...

I love those lanterns! And isn't it still Chinese new year?

Kat Mortensen said...

They remind me of spring when the hot air balloons fill the sky and float over our neighbourhood.

Gigi Ann said...

I have always loved the look of lanterns. They look so delicate and lovely.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh heavens..you make me want to jump in the car and go there! It sounds lovely in the winter:)

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...