Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Decorative Pear Tree.....


I was out walking today among the thawing snow and found this glowing in the foggy light.


I have explained before that our town does not have gutters to drain the water. The edge of our property has a slight ditch area the is grass covered all year, but in the spring, this is what I have found.  The dirt from the road being scraped up with the snow ends up in the little creek that forms when it melts or rains. The water flows south down the ditch to the edge of town as the town is built on a slight hill. 

5 comments:

claude said...

The folliage of the pear tree is very beautiful.
I think I prefer the green color of the photo of your previous post. I love palmtrees.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

L.D. ~ I bet you are glad to see color and melting snow. Pretty soon, you'll be able to do some outdoor projects and enjoy your flowers. Will those leaves fall off the pear tree?

FlowerLady

Gigi Ann said...

I will be glad when the snow meltdown and mud are a thing of the past. The leaves remind me of Fall. The previous photos are lovely, and the family pictures were interesting also.

L. D. said...

The leaves will fall as the new leaves bud out just like they do with the pin oak tree.

The Retired One said...

I loved the reflections of the trees in the puddle between the ice chunks...loved it, loved it!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...