Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reflections of a test run....


I wanted to take my camera to the Art Center and I was trying to figure out how to shut off the flash. One button that I kept trying to push to get it to happen wouldn't work.  I put the camera into the corner of our gallery and would snap and the camera kept flashing.  This is what I got from my trial and error. It is a pastel painting of my wife's and a lamp.  It looks like a well planned abstract to me.



I tried it again and I actually got a clear picture with a flash again.  Finally I found a setting in the camera menu that is called museum and that shuts off the flash.  My son who goes to the Chicago Art Institute can take digital non-flash pictures there all the time.  Of course, when I arrive at the small Des Moines Art Center,  it is printed right on the door, no cameras or video cameras allowed. Oh well, life is still good.

6 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

I would be tempted to say that you didn't need to take photos of the exhibits if you could come up with wonderful abstracts like this all the time. That first one should be framed and sold.

Valerie said...

It's good. People pay thousands for an abstract painting, why not for your abstract picture.
Perhaps your son would explain to me how to shut off the flash on my digital.

claude said...

Your first photo looks like a painting of Auguste Renoir. He is my favorit painter.
I like also the painting of Claude Monet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My Flash has to be popped up..so I just leave it down..a simple fix..I don't like to use the flash. Some places are fussy, I always ask..did you know that Walmart will throw you out? They are fairly cranky about photos..NO, I did not get thrown out..I asked, but a friend of mine was asked to leave:(

The Retired One said...

bummer....they should allow cameras in there!

jennyfreckles said...

A beautiful accidental image - isn't it fun when you don't know quite what will happen?

Bouquet