Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunny days, rainy days.....

Des Moines Botanical Center

Last week, when we visited the Botanical Center, the sun was shining. I liked all the colors in the photo even though I now see that it looks like this tree is dying.  I missed seeing all the parakeets and finches that they use to let fly freely in the dome.  I guess there was a reason to remove them, but it was neat to see them up in the trees making nests and squabbling over food. They removed them one bird at a time I am sure.
I see we are now going to finally reach 45 degrees by Wednesday.  That will be 97 days with temps below 45 and that will be a record.  It is scheduled to rain every day this week though. It will be a mess with all the snow still on the ground.  I will be glad to see April and May.

4 comments:

L. D. said...

I know that some of you have made comments on this blog, and I know that I published them, but they are not showing up. I have not been in to the settings so I haven't done anything to change things so blogspot must be glitching on me. I will watch and wait to see what is wrong. Thanks for all of your comments.

The Retired One said...

We have been lucky here for the past two weeks..the weather has been in the high 40's and for the past 4 days we have reached 52 to 55 which is unheard of this far north. The snow is melting like crazy. I know we will get more snow back, before our spring comes...which will be painful after this taste of spring. It has been so sunny and beautiful!

Kat Mortensen said...

May is a wonderful month, isn't it?

Far Side of Fifty said...

We are getting rain too..and have some mud..I am sure it will snow soon..this can't be spring..can it? I wonder why they got rid of the birds..Avian Flu maybe:)

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.