Monday, April 12, 2010

Bluebell revival........

As my Virginia Bluebells start to open I find them to be such a magical flower.  I first saw them as a young boy in southern Iowa along a weedy flower garden area.  Behind them was a long line of grapevines.  We would look for them as if they were wild flowers. When we found them we would pull the weeds and grass away from them.  They were always a magical looking flower with their little trumpet shapes.



I ventured out today to help my neighbor lady to refill her bird feeder. I was inspired to see patches of color spotted here and there with the early flowers of spring. 

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Just gorgeous !
I have a special little place in my heart for Bluebells, I miss them so....
Yours are just delightful!

Jimmy said...

I've never grown this, but I love it! Your photo makes me want to get some.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted Virginia Bluebells - they are just so sweet. Just yesterday I noticed blue birds have moved into the blue bird house. The chickadees usually get there first!

The Retired One said...

Ooooo, gorgeous bluebells..I don't have any of those up here...they are wonderful!

OiseauBird said...

very nice, your early flowers of the spring
I like this blue and the trumpet shape

Delwyn said...

Hi Larry

I love blue flowers so your bluebells fit the bill perfectly...

Happy days

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful,I like them..but I cannot grow them up here either..too cold..so thanks! I will enjoy yours:)

Reflection