Sunday, April 11, 2010

I need to find a book binder.........


Those of you that hang around me know that this is my Grandmother's cookbook.  It was in such bad shape that I really didn't want to investigate it.  Well, I brought it home and found her baptism certificate tucked inside the front of it.  It was the first time I realized it was her book.  I did find a couple of postcards that had been mailed to her, so I knew that I had really figured it out for sure.

 The paperwork itself isn't such a great picture but I like seeing the end of this 1917 book with it's binding worn out and removed.

On my Larry's Creative Zone, you can find my first posted recipe. Click here!!!!!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a treasure you have there! It must have been important to her..to tuck such things away inbetween it's pages. I only do that with my favorite books..perhaps it was a hand me down from her Mother or someone else she admired..you just never know, it certainly is a well loved cookbook to be that worn:)

Betsy Brock said...

Wow...that is something! I hope you share more about it...like some recipes, etc. Would be fun to know if you remember any of them or if the family still makes some. It certainly was well-worn and well-used! :)

Reflection