Saturday, April 10, 2010

Springtime in Osceola, Iowa........


Last year I wrote a sad tail of going to my parent's home to work on it and about finding all the flowers in bloom even though no one has lived there for a year.  Well it has been two years now since my mom and brother passed away and the flowers keep on blooming.  I will dig these up in a couple of weeks and bring them home to our house.
I planted these about seven years ago for my mom as she scolded me about it wasn't necessary.  But I am glad I did as she enjoyed them for quite a few years even when her mind wouldn't let her remember that they were even planted there.









I seem to have bought her the good bulbs as mine all have genetically retreated to another form. I moved some of these in the summer last year and they transplanted very successfully.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers that I know you will cherish. Flowers seem to bring joy to young and old alike. Most of the flowers here that are blooming now are ones that mama and I planted together about 7 years before she died. It's a little bittersweet when they bloom yet I am thankful for the joy that they brought her even after her dementia got so bad. Thanks for sharing this post Larry.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

How wonderful that they kept growing and blooming even when no one was around. They will make a wonderful addition to your gardens.

FlowerLady

The Retired One said...

So, so pretty, Larry! I am waiting for mine to bloom...only have one or two in bloom so far!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You planted some great Daffodils for your Mom! Flowers just go one blooming where they are planted! I am sure she enjoyed them, with their sunny colors:)

Sunny said...

What lovely Daffodils and how wonderful that they keep blooming.
Sunny :)

Hilary said...

What a lovely reminder they'll always be for your. Love always blooms.

Balance of Strong Colors....

  The Rembrandt kind of tulips are just now starting to bloom. The colors are so vibrant.