Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Portrait of Lorrie, Iris

This is my iris!!!!
I bought a set of irises a few years back and one rainy season most of them rotted, all  except for this one.  When I received it someone hand mislabeled it portrait of Larry.. I of course thought that was cool. but when I saw the official tag it was Lorrie.  This is the actual blue that you see when you view it.  The camera hasn't altered it.  It is one of my favorites. The falls actually stick straight out instead of drooping.
I have found that there are certain iris varieties that are more hardy than others.  The superstition iris and this iris both grow with great vigor. The rhizomes are large, the leaves are thick  and strong and they bloom profusely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty Larry! That blue is so brilliant. Thanks for sharing the picture.

claude said...

Hello larry !
I am back from Germany.
Your flowers are very beautiful.

Valerie said...

It's a strikingly beautiful colour and reminds me of a silk evening dress I once possessed.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now I have a third favorite color..maybe I just like Irises..Thanks for sharing Larry! Have I told you lately that your photography is really good..it is!! :)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...