Thursday, July 1, 2010

Say cheese please............



As my wife and I attended the art festival, this crew from Star Wars were roaming the area.  They were advertising the upcoming Star Wars concert coming to Des Moines at the arena.  It was very hot and Darth Vader was followed around with assistants that had a stool for him to sit down on as he was becoming too warm for his outfit.  I snapped this photo and it really is a Norman Rockwell moment.  People were loving it that they could get their photos taken with Darth and the gang.


Here is another one, bonus picture, that I snapped which I see now that she was also snapping me.

It will be a fun concert that will be held the day after the 4th of July.  Unfortunately my boat has not come in and I don't think we can give up a few hundred bucks to go see it. Getting to see and photograph the prop people for the show is priceless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures Larry. I'm waiting on my "boat" to come in too!!!
I'd like to wish you and your wife a happy and safe 4th!

Sunny said...

It seems that the 'force was with you'. What fun!
☼ Sunny

The Retired One said...

How fun! I hope they paid Darth Vador double. ha

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...