Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bright or light or polka dot..........triple photo day........


Not only is this a very yellow lily, it is the largest variety in my garden. I can stretch out my hand, all fingers out, and that suggests how big it is.



This lily is not as large as the last, but it is a very light yellow flower.  Somehow I have this in two different locations.  I must have purchased it at the Arboretum at one of the sales where it isn't identified and it is a very low price. So I bought them both the same time not knowing what they were or bought one unidentified one in two years in a row that happened to be the same color.




I have a large group of these in the front of the house.  I have had them for years and it continues to spread.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All three are very pretty Larry. Does that middle pale yellow one have a sweet fragrance? It is similar to one I have that smells very good.

Christine H. said...

No wonder that cat hangs out in your yard. With scenery like that, I would too.

Valerie said...

It is amazing how flowers vary in design and colour. I tried to imagine how big your hand was, even against mine the top flower would be enormous.

Gigi Ann said...

Your lilies are lovely, I especially like the light yellow one. It seems to glow in your picture.

Far Side of Fifty said...

These are stunning, I am partial to yellow flowers..but still ..you captured them beautifully!! You are getting to be quite the photographer!! :)

Michele said...

Yes, they are are so pretty and just a joy to see! I am always amazed by the polka dots. I see art in those... impressive shots!

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.