Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jars and lids.........


I brought home more oldies from my parents home place.  There was an old model T garage on the place and my Dad tore it down.  Inside were a lot of glass lidded jars but these were also in that garage.  The Ball jars are the ones with the narrow neck.  The one on the rightt is actually a pale green and when you view it you can see all the uneven thicknesses of the glass. The lids are those zinc lids I believe.  They are made to squeeze down on the rubber seal while canning the food.

The one small bottle on the left is a medicine bottle from an company here in the US.  The other one is a mystery to me and the original rust doesn't want to budge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never found or owned any old jars but I always have loved them. I think they are nice to display collections in ..... marbles, board game pieces etc. or even just a daisy bouquet!

michael&kristine said...

Those are neat bottles. There is a wonderful watercolor paintnig in them somewhere.

Sunny said...

I love old jars and bottles. We used to dig for them around old cellar holes. The blue jar is really very pretty.
☼ Sunny

Lo said...

I am nuts about bottles and have quite a few in my collection, but yours are quite different and wonderful.
Gorgeous photo too.

Valerie said...

How fascinating old bottles are and the older the better. Once upon a time, in a much bigger house, I had a collection of old bottles displayed on a shelf all round my hall, they were a talking piece when new visitors came.

Prospero said...

Still, a comely assortment of curios..

OiseauBird said...

I love too old things from my grandmother and
from flat market
fantastique beauty these yellow flowers

Hilary said...

Oh they sure make a beautiful photograph. I love the subtle colours and the wonderful shapes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The one on the left is called a torpedo jar..they are fragile..I kept a marble collection in one..then one day I just dropped in a couple of marbles and it cracked..I keep my marbles in a different heavier jar now. I have several left..some of mine have interesting bubbles in them. Keep all those zinc covers as they are sought after..and the red rubber rings too:)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...