Saturday, July 31, 2010

Photo albums..........

The latch is an engineering marvel.  You squeeze the two curved areas with your fingers that the rod with the ball goes up to release the latch.


I actually have two of these old photo albums and each latch  are marvelous just to admire.  The top latch requires a twisting of the knob to make the latch open.

Some days it takes so many trial and error shots to get a good photo.  I had to keep adjusting the light source and allow for metallic reflections of light.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, Those are very unique and interesting latches on the albums. You did a great job with the photography.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, I recently purchased two of these old cabinet card albums..I also admired the latches..are yours filled with photos? :)

Martin said...

The trial and error paid off, Larry. I love these shots. And what unusual latches.

claude said...

My goodness ! That is the first time I see such a thing. Wonderful work !
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Valerie said...

I like these pictures, Larry. The latch is beautifully designed ... it would be a pleasure to own one of the albums.

Betsy Brock said...

Those latches are fascinating and beautiful! I completely agree about the light...it really is what seperates the good photos from the truly great ones!

D said...

Larry, such unique and beautiful treasures! and the photos are great! Enjoy your weekend.

jennyfreckles said...

They are beautiful - what craftsmanship in such small things. Good photos too - the light is soft and muted.

Sunny said...

These latches are a work of art. Wonderful images.
☼ Sunny

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...