Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday single shot.........


Sometimes you snap a picture, walk away, and don't have a clue how great the shot will be.  This clematis is trying to stay alive. It just hasn't done well in this location.  This is it's very first bloom for the summer and I thought I would capture it as it may be the last one.

I could not have planned out the depth that trellis was going to create or know that the  texture of the trellis would look so great.  I would never have thought the background was going to be such a perfect fit in the composition. Sometimes accidents are just meant to happen and wow I got a good shot.

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lovely shot..you shouldn't have told us it wasn't planned! :)

Anonymous said...

It truly is beautiful. I giggled when I read Far Side's comment!

Sunny said...

It looks like a healthy blossom. Wasn't there a painter that always talked about 'happy little accidents'? I'm sure I'll remember his name in the middle of the night!
Enjoy your Sunday.
☼ Sunny

L. D. said...

Yep the late Bob Ross was always making happy little accidents as he painted along with his happy little trees.

Valerie said...

Accidents will happen, at last I can relate that saying to lovelier things. It's an excellent shot, Larry.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Yep, that certainly is one of those spectacular shots. It's wonderful when that happens, and most of the time they are a total surprise.

Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Sunny said...

Thanks Larry for the name. I used to watch his show, 'The Joy of Painting' on PBS, he made it look so easy!
☼ Sunny

The Retired One said...

Perfection!!! Oh, and your header photo is spectacular too...I love it!~

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...