Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lily pads.....


This was taken along the highway on Mr. Desert Island.  It was private property on the other side of a fence so we stood outside the fence and took pictures.  The Atlantic ocean is behind us and  this is a body of fresh water retained probably by the building of the highway.  There is a heron fishing in the background if  you click on the photo for an enlargement.  I am planning to make a painting out of this when I get some painting time for myself.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Right place for daydreaming. I can understand you wanting to paint that scene, it's really lovely.

Sunny said...

When I first saw the lovely scene and before I read your remarks I thought what a beautiful painting it would make. It has that Monet feeling.
☼ Sunny

The Retired One said...

I love beaver ponds with lily pads and they are always teaming with wildlife..love blue herons too so it should make for a gorgeous painting!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Maybe you could do a mural in that bathroom you are fixing up! :)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I love this shot...and glad to hear the story of your 'stop'. It would make a nice bathroom mural!

Reflection