Saturday, September 11, 2010

Three weathered dead trees..........


A sculptural form contrasts to the rocks on the Atlantic shoreline.


Another set of weathered ones among the rocks.  I don't think the weather in winter is as harsh along the Atlantic as it is on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  On the Minnesota shore line many a  tree is so effected by the cold and snow where in Maine the trees sit back further from the water and there are just not that many.  Perhaps the waves are stronger and the tree growth is just inhibited from growing that near the water.

10 comments:

Sunny said...

There is a graceful beauty in these trees. They look almost like they are dancing amid the rocks. I love the ruggedness of the Maine coast.
☼ Sunny

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great shots. I love old dead trees. They have a certain beauty.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Very striking photos Larry. I have enjoyed browsing back thru your posts re your trip to visit your son. Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Betsy Brock said...

Beautiful in their own way, aren't they?

Valerie said...

Fascinating tree shapes but I guess they can look a bit eerie late in the day.

jennyfreckles said...

They almost look animated, like some kind of giant insect.

Veronica said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Great shots!

The Retired One said...

Loved these photos..and before I read your script, I thought immediately of the trees on Lake Superior..especially thought of the ones I saw on a hike to the northernmost point of the U..P. on a desolate area....I could picture the same spot during one of our harsh blizzards, wondering how anything comes back to life in the spring after that...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Is that Goldenrod in the corner of that one photo..it sure looks like it. I love these old skeleton trees..I bet the birds like them:)

L. D. said...

Yes the goldenrod was doing very well along the shoreline.

Reflection