Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clearing up after the rain.........


This is the sight that was to my left as I drove home on the Interstate.  It was raining a little and the closer I was to Des Moines, the clearer it was becoming.

I don't text while I drive, as I don't text at all, but anyway I can shoot this over my shoulder while driving.  I just blindly pointing and take a lot of shots hoping I can get one good shot.


There is always somebody or something that wants to get into the picture.  I stopped the car off the road at the corner before turning to come the mile into town. I even rolled the window down for this one. It was wonderful but I couldn't stop where the foreground noise wasn't.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sky Larry. One of the prettiest shots I've seen.

claude said...

Very beautiful sky !
I like to look at the sky.

Valerie said...

It doesn't look like a wild shot... that first picture is a classic. The foreground noise doesn't detract from the second one, it adds to the attraction.

Anonymous said...

I do the same lots of time. Mostly shooting out the windshield instead of a side window. Your shots came out pretty good, I'd say.

jennyfreckles said...

Wonderful sky - looks like the doorway to heaven got left open.

The Retired One said...

Wow...perfect for my clouds photo contest!!! Your other one was great too....close to this one..or is it this one? I am getting them ready to post for Dec. 1st or 2nd!!!

L. D. said...

I took a photo of this same area weeks ago and entered in a contest. It is funny how similar it looks to the one that I took probably 30 miles south of this location three weeks ago.

Catharina Engberg said...

Such beautyful sky at the top photo!
Great!

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...