Sunday, December 5, 2010

An archived photo today........

Archived, outdated and out of season but it still is a good one.

I spent some time on our old iMac to retrieve photos in order to move them onto my macbook. I found this spring photo taken in 2005 of this wonderful iris.  The bush behind it grew so large that it hasn't bloomed for three years.  I moved it out last fall away from it and it still didn't bloom.  I have large amounts of foliage now so maybe next spring.  If it doesn't bloom this spring, it gets moved out into full sun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The iris is a lovely color and the texture looks like velvet. Is the bush a wiegela?

Valerie said...

That's a really beautiful picture. I'm glad you rescued it. It would look really special in one of your frames.

Anonymous said...

Brings back lot of memories, Larry.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my blogging buddies...

Patty, and Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Russell said...

That is a beautiful Iris. I always think of them being purple and forget they do come in other colors.

I really like your neighbor's Burl Ives snowman. And, yes, I can imagine your dog barking at him! Heh! It is always interesting to think how dogs see things.

My dog Bailey will often get very excited and bark at something I don't even notice or, of course, if there is something new like a truck or tractor outside.

Take care.

L. D. said...

Yes the bush is a variegated wiegela. I was too lazy look up the spelling so I thought someone out there would give it to me. Thanks.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...