Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blessing or curse......


This looks like a great way to keep your tools in a box.  The problem is if you open it from the wrong side, everything falls out.  This was my late brother's tool box and as I opened it a few months ago, I lost it all.  The left side is metric and the right side is standard sizes.  So today I opened it up and I began to put it back into place.

It took almost two hours of time.  I had to remove my glasses so I could read the side of each one of the sockets, turning them carefully to get to the side that identifies the size.  The sizes are then marked in the plastic holder which also required me to look very closely to read the numbers.

I was going to take it to the basement, then I changed my mind.  If it goes down there I will never use them.  The case with tools is headed for the back of my car so I always will have the tool I need to fix anything.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wrap the side that falls out in plastic wrap that way it won't happen again, your cover should still close..but everything will be secure! :)

Valerie said...

What a pain. I've seen those boxes before and always thought they looked neat. I shall look upon them with new eyes from now on.

claude said...

Nice and funny story of a tool box, Larry !
And this story has a good end.

jennyfreckles said...

You'd better borrow some of your lady wife's nail varnish and write UP on the top side!

Betsy Brock said...

I hope you labeled the outside so it doesn't happen again!

And how nice that it belonged to your brother! It looks like it has everything you could possibly ever need!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...