Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have no barn.......


I need to take a photograph of an old barn worthy enough to be entered into a photo contest.  The deadline is Monday.  Maybe today I can find one, but nothing out there is old and picturesque.  Our county governments tax farm buildings for profit so most new landowners immediately tear them down.  Not only are the barns gone but most of the outbuildings go also.  I did drive through town to see if there was one barn left worthy of a shot.  The one I wanted to snap had been stripped of all it's character, no lean to sheds and porches.  It even had a sign on it that they sold mules, but all of that is gone.

This is actually a two car garage of the 20's with a shed roof addition added on to have more space for storage. Time will tell if I find a shot or not.  I want to find one without driving for miles out of my way to get it. 

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You can have one of mine :)
Good Luck !
~Jo

Valerie said...

Taxation! So that's why the barns are disappearing. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a few new (to me) since we moved. Now if I can just remember how to get back to them!!!

Reflection