Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gun and roses.......


Another archived photo that I took a couple of years ago. When I first started blogging I had no friends.  I didn't get comments for about four or five months into the game.  If I repost some of the oldies, you will  may never have seen the visual before now.

I was exploring my toy soldier collection at the time that came from my John and Iva Connection.  It was around Christmas time and I set this shooter up to view him in the camera and there was a perfect shot with a wonderful background.  Actually the smooth texture of the guy didn't help to get the macro to focus on him and it really fell in love with those artifical roses.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Absolutely love it. The blend of colours is amazing, just look how the soldier's stand blends with the cloth he's standing on.

Alan Burnett said...

Bring them on : so much good stuff must be buried in the days before I for one became a follower.

claude said...

Hello Larry !
Taht is a nice love story between a soldier and roses.
You know, on last year we put our both fish of the aquarium in the pond. The winter has been very cold and the pond got frozen. A few days ago I saw them swimming with the other ones.

troutbirder said...

Looks a lot better than my recollection of those loud and obnoxious "heavy metal" guys.
Also, noting your gorgeous cichlid, I've got a pair of "Jack Dempseys"... not as nearly pugnacious as their namesake! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Isn't there a Band called Gun's and Roses? I like yours better, I don't think I found your blog until the summer or 2009...I am glad I did..and then when Rae said she didn't know a blogger from Iowa..well that wasn't right..I always enjoy your blog Larry:)

The Retired One said...

pretty neat shot!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh, love the 'War of the Roses' of this one, two things I would have not put together for a photo but it works and speaks volumes.

As always, thanks for your visits and pats to the cats :-)

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...