Thursday, August 11, 2011

Surprise.........lilies



I mentioned in one of my blogs that the Surprise Lilies should be up pretty soon.  In an almost overnight time span they sprout and here they are.  I think they should actually open their blooms  in another day.

If you are not familiar with these lilies they sprout out their foliage in early spring and then it dies back completely.  A month later or so up comes the shoots for blooms.  They are called Naked Ladies is some circles and some seed catalogs.

4 comments:

claude said...

It seems the color is very pretty.
I had blue lilies on the board of the fish pond. This year springtime has been so hot that my lilies were very bad.

Valerie said...

They look good standing to attention.
Please can we have another shot tomorrow?

Betsy Brock said...

I'm with Valerie...a photo a day to chart their progression!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have Naked Ladies..I am very impressed:)

Bouquet