Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A texture filled day.....


I know no facts about this thing. I know folklore. and as soon as I share it, I will hear  the truth about  what it is from one of you.  It is the same material as a train rail,  only it a smaller version.  I have another one, the same version as the small one  but larger that is a foot in length like that of a train rail.  I think they were made for people to hammer out their hot metal and other things.

I am going to use it for a gate stop for my blue gate.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

My suggestion is that it is the rail from a narrow gauge railway. They need to be lighter, smaller and narrower than standard gauge.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Now that is the sort of thing that DH really likes. We have things similar to that which he does use to hammer things on that need a solid base. Great photo. I love the rusty piece sitting on the chipped, painted whatever.

FlowerLady

Alan Burnett said...

That, ny friend, is a gate stop.

troutbirder said...

Needs some Rustoleum. :) Or maybe it can be polished.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a fine gate stop to me..it has character:)

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...