Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The short handled story.......


When I was closing down the last of my parents home I had used this rake for various jobs to help keep the yard cleaned up from debris, so I threw it into the back of my car.  I brought it home thinking I could put a longer handle on it, but it has been useful with a short handle. It fits in the car trunk easily.

I have used it on the farm and here at home frequently.  Then down at the farm, my brother in law gave me his dad's short handled sand spade to go along with my rake.  The rake will go with us to the landfill today after school. They are a nice pair of tools.

2 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

A pair of fine, honest, tools. Recorded for everyone to see - which is what they deserve.

Valerie said...

Just the ticket for me; long handled tools are difficult to 'handle' 'cause I'm not very tall.

Bouquet