Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Younger Days......


I can remember having more hair, dark hair,  and I stood a lot straighter and taller.  The only child's name in the photo that I actually remember is the Becky Verrips the girl in the background behind my shoulder. I have a good idea as to who the others are but could not give you exact names. They look like they are in the seventh grade and Becky is now out of collage and working downtown Des Moines.  She is planning on being a missionary in Africa for a half of year at the end of next year.

A former fellow staff person brought this picture to me and I must have snapped it while it was laying  on top of another photo.  That is why there is a disoriented look in the background.

As an art teacher I started maintaining aquariums and birds for others and so I looked a lot like a science room than an art room.  The kids liked having them in there and took turns taking care of them.

I don't think I will try to date this but it does have to be at least 10 maybe 15 years ago.

4 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

How great it must of been for your students to have all that stimuli in an art-room to feed the old creativity!!!

When I began havin' students of students I began to feel old!!! Heeehehe!

God bless and have a fantastic day, man!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing this photo very much. Hope you are having an enjoyable week.

Christine H. said...

That looks like such a fun and interactive classroom.

Alan Burnett said...

Your classroom looks a bit like your blog Larry : full of interest, full of objects to admire - and full of enjoyment.

Reflection