Friday, December 2, 2011

The 1000th "Photo a Day"........


 Bar Harbor, Maine

The 1000th photo, it really is more than that as sometimes I did post two or more photos a day. It is the 1000th posting. I can remember being hesitant of starting out and I do remember my purist ideas of just posting the best photo I could take. I also planned on writing very few words and just allow the photo to speak for itself.     Well, that didn't work. It has been fun. I am posting the very first blog that I created below. I think that I have done that before but it is a memory lane day.

If you were not around, which most of you were not, I was just writing for myself never expecting much in return. Instead I have made friendships all over the world. I have stolen friends from other's friends.  I thank you for you stops at my post. I am more than glad to see all that you have on your blogs too.

I have learned a lot about photography and I have met so many great different people. That is said in a good way. So today is 1000 and tomorrow I will trudge on to the 1001. 


March 3, 2009

This is a picture I took a few summers ago.  The coneflowers were having a great year.  The bridge was a freeby from a high school prom.  I had helped a lot in painting a wall of scenery for the prom and they gave me the bridge for my garden.  Instead of tearing it down or just throwing it away it was easier for them to dump it in my yard.  The evergreen trees are my babies that I grew from small fry to large Minnesota pines.  The tornado that went through town, snapped them both off at the base in less than seconds.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW- that is such a nice picture! I am thankful for my blog friends, also. Wishing you and Della a merry weekend!

♥AMBre said...

Congrats, Larry.
Thank you for my eyes everyday on your blog.

troutbirder said...

Congratulations Larry on the one thousandth. Truth to tell, I started with pretty much the same thoughts and plans.... and now look where were are. :)

claude said...

Congratulations, Larry !
The phto of the bridge is realy very beautiful.
Have a nice week-end !

Valerie said...

1000? Wow, that's going some. Love that bridge, do you still have it today?

L. D. said...

The bridge is no more. It wasn't made for outside use. The floor of it was rotting out and I didn't want a neighbor girl or girls coming over and falling through.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is a lovely photo! I have enjoyed coming over here watching your blog and your photography evolve. It is a pleasure to have "met" you Larry:)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...