Friday, December 23, 2011

Faces..........


She still has her tag on her arm.  My wife's doll collection came about from me giving her a doll every Christmas.  Before we were married she shared that she received a new doll from her mom each year.  So our first Christmas together, I found a smaller doll and put it in her stocking.  The smaller dolls were great but seven years into that the company stopped making them. I then bought the larger china head doll.  The tradition continued until a couple of years ago when the companies in China stopped creating them.  I guess the market was not profitable enough.  I did find them on ebay but I would rather go to a store and see the actual size and color before I buy.  The china head doll is not out there anymore.

I will look again this year but I don't have my hopes up in finding anything like it.  I will replace the idea with a different collectible once I can figure that out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely doll and bear. Merry Christmas to you both.

claude said...

She looks like my doll.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Larry !

Ruby said...

Oh Larry! That is such a romantic tradition!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Bouquet