Friday, January 27, 2012

Here's to winter......


Hot tea and coffee seem to soothe the feeling of being cold.  It is like a rescue time when you can take a break and just drink a warm drink.  Hot cocoa is great too along with cider.  With winter snow headed this way again I have thoughts of being let out of school early and coming home and just watching it snow.  Oh yes, and taking time to drink a nice warm cup of something.

Reality snaps forward and a half inch of snow isn't going to do much to make ours to be changed today. I will sip coffee between classes or on the run.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

John enjoys hot cocoa, coffee, and cider during the winter. I like your colorful mug on this dreary January day!

You have snow; we have rain and lots of it!

Enjoy the weekend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That colorful mug of yours would make one smile while drinking a cup of warm something. I could do with a cup of tea or coffee right now, but not because it's cold. It is very warm, breezy and humid and we are expecting about an inch of rain, which we really need. A comforting drink though would do me good.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Russell said...

Goodness ...! Since I was last here you have put up some very interesting photos.

If I saw that coffee cup I would buy it! I like it a lot. Nice colors and design. And red is my favorite color.

Like your weather rock! Nice image with the snow.

As for the pail, I have used many of these over the years!

Take care.

jennyfreckles said...

I love the mug too. And I so agree about the comfort of a hot drink. In my case it's usually tea but once each day I treat myself to a frothy vanilla latte!

The Retired One said...

Hey Larry, I sent you an email to tell you that you won December's 2011's photo contest..did you get it?
Today I sent you the widget that you can display on your blog via another email...hope you get it?? Once again, congrats. on Dec.'s win. I will be posting the winner of the year in about a week!!

troutbirder said...

If its warm on a cold day.... I'll drink it. Cider and tea are favorites though.

Caroline Gill said...

A really great mug!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...