Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Old tractor........


At the park in Minburn, Iowa, 2006, gathered all of these tractors from young to old. This old tractor was doing well as it traveled along with all the newer tractors.  This tractor was not fully restored, meaning no new paint job.  In the antique world they like the original patina and I guess the owner of this tractor also liked that look.


A traveling politician, Charles Grassley, senator from Iowa, took a day off to drive his John Deere in the tractor race.  I know that they do things like this purposely to get themselves out there in front of those they are suppose to represent.  I suppose he flew in from DC just for the day.






4 comments:

laveta'splace said...

Like the top one. I actually drove one like that once. But only once; I was alone in the field and forgot how to turn it off. Didn't have sense enough to turn off the key. But I finally figured that out.

claude said...

I like these old engines. I saw some in the barn of my friend's father over there in SLC.

Alan Burnett said...

Vintage tractor racing - I love the idea. It has my vision of the mid-west written all over it.

Veronica said...

Oh I love stuff like that!!

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...