Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday's Wandering.....


I don't have a photo for today as I have found time to be scheduled in too tightly.  I thought I would say I was going to go fishing today but I don't think that sitting on ice would be that fun, but maybe it is. So I will just give you a shot of my dad's old fishing lure, and maybe I will just show you a few more than just one.




This was my dad's emergency kit when he would go fishing on the little lakes around Osceola. He had a larger tackle box which he gave to his grandsons but this one he kept with the dream that he might go fishing again one last time.




8 comments:

Michele said...

It's ones that we still carry in our tackle box when we go out in a special compartment and I swear these work so much better than the newer ones. =)

laveta'splace said...

So many different lures. I wonder if the fish have a hard time picking their favorite.

Alan Burnett said...

They are remarkably beautiful : not that I would expect the fish to appreciate them

Michael and Hanne said...

On the Contrary Alan, the ones that get caught do thats why they get caught.?

ScrappySandie said...

Oh, what great looking lures! My dad was a fisherman too...wish I had some of his old lures too. Its kind of odd...he was born in Osceloa County (northern Iowa). Small world, isn't it?

George said...

Do you ever get a chance to use your Dad's fishing lures? The first one is a beauty.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I don't fish but all my siblings do...somehow I can't see a tackle box without smelling that 'fishy' smell...

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good looking lures:)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...