Friday, March 2, 2012

Dried Roses.........


As the bouquet of red, white and pink roses faded these two seemed to keep their shape.  It may be because they actually never bloomed.  I  tried the three different colors on the bouquet instead of all red, which does mean true love, and my wife really did  like the three different colors in one vase. We have been married long enough that I thought I could pull off the change as she is just as zany creative as I am so the change seemed to be good to do.

When I asked for the red, white and pink the florist lady had this look about her.  I said do you carry those white and pink roses.  If not I would have gone all red.  She was ok with it and put a lot of white filler with it to tie it together.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful - they would be pretty added to some potpourri.

laveta'splace said...

It's amazing that roses can look almost as pretty dried as fresh.
My daughter has a boquet of at least 2 dozen that she has saved over the years. Most are still pretty.
Isn't it nice to have a spouse who enjoys all our craziness?

Valerie said...

Dried flowers are very pretty and the variation in colour adds to attractiveness.

Far Side of Fifty said...

They look lovely dried or drying:)

Reflection