Monday, October 8, 2012

Front Steps.......


The hydrangea that had turned green is white again as it ages for it's final showing.  I can't believe how one stray sprig of this plant has spred and become tall and overgrown on the right side of my porch.  I need to trim it back so that the entrance to the front door won't be blocked.

As a footnote, at  the house in which I dug my one stray sprig of hydrangea, the owners have now removed all of their bushes from the front of their porch and replaced them with conifer shrubs and lots of red mulch.  There is not a sight of hydrangea at that house anymore. The house is for sale again.



5 comments:

Valerie said...

I like the way the hydrangea hugs the rail. Very pretty. Sad that the neighbours have replaced attractive flowers with boring conifers and mulch.

Christine H. said...

Godd for you--you rescued the hydrangea! I planted one yesterday (it's called pistachio) and I'll plant another one today after moving the peony that doesn't get enough sun. Hydrangeas are wonderful, aren't they.

Anonymous said...

I love hydrangeas! It's always hard to trim something that is doing so well!!!
Our Vitex bushes are up to the gutters on the house but they are still blooming. I guess the cold will get them in the next few weeks.
Hope your work day goes smoothly.

Michael and Hanne said...

There are so many different colours of hydrangea! Ours are going the same way as yours!

Anonymous said...

They are so lovely. I'm glad you were able to save some of them. Mulch can't compare to the sight and scent of these beauties.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...