Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday's Still Life......



Everything is old in the photo except for the pine cones. The box with its great corners and the table are both weathered naturally.  I bought the box for a dollar at Silver Bay, Minnesota along the North Shore.  The table is a family hand me down that was used for holding large rinsing containers for doing laundry.  The milk crock is from Della's family farm and the brown bean pot was from my parents home.  The milk can is one that I had from my young years that came from Coin, Iowa in the southern part of the state.

My still life is a little off balanced but I just finished pulling the summer things away from the display.  I will do Christmas things with it after Thanksgiving. I actually had flags still displayed from the fourth of July in the milk jar and fake flowers for the summer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love everything and especially the box!

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...