Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I wasn't so old then.........


It is 1972 and the camera I was using wasn't so great.  I am just out of college and I took some pictures of the farm where I had been raised in southern Iowa.   Little did I know that my dad would sell the place a year or two later. Check out that old wagon on the left.  The tree is Chinese Elm, as they grew quickly, but ice storms took out many branches as they are a very soft wood.


The old kodak shots are hanging in there but I did have to photoshop them a little to get better color and better lights and darks. They have yellowed at the bottom and they seem to be faded.  My mom had a flower garden in the front next to the house. If you squint you can see the gas barrel on the right.  The barn style was a sheep barn design but I don't think sheep were ever on the farm.  My dad raised hogs and cattle.  My mom had chickens for eggs and meat.  More pictures are to come.

5 comments:

Martin said...

You know, Larry, photographs from this era have a real charm. And, isn't it ironic that there are now apps to create this very 'look'?

Anonymous said...

I love these glimpses into the past. Look forward to you sharing more pictures.

Valerie said...

It must have been great there with all the animals. Just imagine, fresh eggs... I wish for a fresh egg now and again.

George said...

Thanks for sharing these photos from your past. The old farm looks like a great place to grow up.

troutbirder said...

Fond memories I'm sure...:)

Reflection