Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More from the past.....

1972

I must have been home for the weekend from college as the peonies are in bloom and things are green. It looks like late spring early summer.  The pump was our source of water for drinking in the house.  We trusted that to be good water and I carried many a bucket of water from there year round.  On a school day I got out of getting the morning bucket but I usually got the evening bucket of water. Our regular water system in the house was from cistern water from rain runoff of the house and also pond water.

Behind the pump is the garden area and it looks like peas and potatoes are up and growing. The tree is a crabapple tree that bloomed wonderful flowers and then had all those small apples. In very early spring the area around the pump had tulips and daffodils pop up in the grass.  The former owner of the farm had planted them and it was alway a great surprise to see them come up and bloom.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great post from days gone by. I can just see those little apples and tulips and daffodils. It's always fun to enjoy what others before us have planted.

Valerie said...

I wish I'd had an outlook like that when I was a kid. I can just imagine rambling round in the warm sunshine.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...