Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back into the Box.........


I took down my two trees today that had glass blown ornaments on them.  The smaller ones are actually not glass blown ones.  The Chinese do a great job of recreating our traditional style of ornaments.  The rocking horse and train are small ornaments that have been cast in some form of metal and then hand painted with the same kind of paint that is used on glass blown ornaments.


The creators did a great job of making special items even though they are not the same as the rest of the collection.  I actually bought them at a Stam's Chocolate Shop that sells wonderful candy and coffee.  They like to pride themselves as being somewhat European in style with the selling of Dutch chocolates and Italian ice cream.  I found a dozen of them in a box for a small price after Christmas a few years ago.

7 comments:

claude said...

I am very sad everytime I put the Christmas decorations back in the boxes.

Valerie said...

I am reminded of the expression: devilish clever, these Chinese.

The ornaments must look very pretty on the trees. Do you always leave the trees up this long?

troutbirder said...

I remember the glass blown ones well from childhood. And wonder whatever happened to them.....

L. D. said...

We leave the tree up longer when we are so late getting it up. We don't like doing it all at once so we have three trees down and only two to go.

George said...

You got some neat photos of your ornaments. I like the old-fashioned look of these ornaments.

Hilary said...

The do have a nostalgic feel to them. Very colourful also.

Linda said...

I think people are leaving their tree and Christmas decorations up longer now than they used to...perhaps it is because it is known that many people get depressed after the holidays. Great photos, Larry.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...