Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Train Game........3 shots instead of just one.


I emptied my box of train cars and engines onto the buffet and played with different set ups to practice my photography skills.  I know that I have put up too many shots of them but I will share them this one last time.



From front view to side view I was able to get another focused shot.  The blue and white cars are Montgomery Ward cars which dates them as that store closed down many years ago.  The orange long car has a silver lid that opens up for products to be place into it.  The hundreds of coal cars that I see today in southern Iowa heading to an electricity plant are not covered so I don't know what product would go into them which would require the metal covering to be placed on the car as a lid.



Here is what the car looks like with the covering in its opened position. Some of you know this but others I will tell you that the train was a gift to my dad over 20 years ago.  My boys played with them and when the estate was closed down the brother who gifted them didn't want any items from the house.  I feel more like a caretaker of them as I am not certain that someday he may ask for them. In the meantime I will just enjoy them.,

4 comments:

George said...

I'm glad you've got your Dad's train set to enjoy. I'm also glad that you took some more photos of it to share with us.

Linda said...

Fantastic, thank you so much for sharing these photos, Larry.

Valerie said...

What a lovely reminder of your dad's love of trains. Although hubby is a train buff I know nothing about them, but I recognise a decent collection of model trains when I see one.

Alan Burnett said...

The photographic skills don't need improvement, Larry, I have always admired your photographic work. the trains are interesting, so different to the ones we are used to over here.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...