Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Button Up.......


It is an unusual thing in which I would take a photo but it did intrigue me.  My wife has a friend who lives in Minneapolis who loves buttons.  She collects them from garage sales or department stores to use in her craft making. She makes cards and ornaments with them.   I thought the pattern and shape of this bookmark that she created made an interesting shot. The overhead dining room lights created a great source of light to enhance the illusion of volume for the buttons.

4 comments:

ScrappySandie said...

Oh, what lovely vintage buttons! Great shot, Larry! This lady should participate in our card-making challenge at http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com this week...the theme is "buttons"! Any project using buttons is OK.
TFS!
Sandie

George said...

That is a neat bookmark, and you got a great picture of it.

troutbirder said...

Unusual hobby I'd say.... Actually I saw a museum in a river town along the Mississippi. It traced the history of button making a hundred years ago when they were made from clam shells out of the river.

Valerie said...

Some people are inspired. I have hundreds of buttons.... why didn't I think about doing something with them?

Bouquet