Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Showing Red......


I really don't have a full understanding of how the poinsettia is treated in order to create the colors on  the new leaves .  I skimmed an article at the bookstore in a garden magazine about a local company that creates 100 or more varieties of poinsettia to sell to retailers during the Christmas season.  Their company grew 100,000 plants for sale each season and many of the varieties are variegated plants.

My plant came in from outside and was placed in the spare storeroom where we keep the birds.  I didn't dream I would get any red on any of it.  I know there is suppose to be time for the plant to spend in complete darkness with specific number of hours required each day.  The spontaneous gardener in me just slops through and these accidents just happen, in a good way.

No comments:

Reflection