Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday's Shot........


One lone coneflower ventured out with a new bloom the past week.  It was very hot and it still bloomed.  The rest of the coneflowers look like the one on the left.  The old concrete swan needs to be patched but not this year.  It looks like a thing of antiquity.  I will never know where the bird originated as my mom inherited it from some neighbor I am assuming and my mom is gone.  I couldn't throw the guy in the landfill when I was clearing things from the house.  I can still use him as a part of my statuary display in my yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the swan. Makes a great backdrop for this pretty coneflower.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...