Sunday, September 1, 2013

Harvest Time.........


Working a little in the yard I decided to bring in some apples and tomatoes.  I am thinking pie would be a great thing for the apples. We had a lot of pie last year but this years harvest will be much less. The fallen apples are in various sizes as the little ones were the first to come down but now the larger ones are dropping and I have to get to them before the ants start eating them.  I have been picking up fallen apples for  my janitor friend at school who feeds them to her three horses.  She says they eat them like candy because the horses are large percherons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple pie sounds good and I imagine a slice of tomato on a sandwich is a real treat too!

Hilary said...

Yum.. apple pie! And those toms look luscious.

Valerie said...

I have a lawn full of appples... it's been that kind of summer. Wish I could ship them over 'cause I've overfed the neighbours. I like the look of the tomatoes, they made my mouth water.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...