Wednesday, October 16, 2013

English Ivy.......


As I watch it grow to all ends of my garden shed, I still can't get it to climb. It really has established itself and has large healthy leaves. I do know that it climbs because my dad had it climbing up the south side of a shed and also it was growing up the side of a tree.  I think with patience that it will become so thick that it will have to start climb the trellis the stands above it. Now that I think about it I may have to wait until it spreads to the south of the shed to see it climb.  That may take a few more years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very healthy. The other day at the garden center, we saw a variegated ivy that was interesting.

claude said...

I have alos, Larry and I can do the same photo. I love English Ivy.
They cover the both ciment poles of my line and another is climbing on the rocks of the water fall of the fish pond.

Valerie said...

It looks sturdy enough to climb. Different kinds of ivy are taking over my garden. Fortunately it's big enough to cope ... at the moment.

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.