Thursday, October 17, 2013

Frail Branches And Twigs.........


The tree form of poplar grows a lot like the lombardy poplar.  It is a fast growing tree and when a serious wind comes along pieces of it fall to the ground. I am sure an ice storm would thin it out quickly. I don't even know how I have this tree in my yard but I must have purchased at a cheap price.  A second one came up from its roots and is half the height of its parent tree. The bunches of leaves surround the area of my two trees and this one piece was caught hanging inside my metal rain barrel.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

I had some of those poplar trees one time and they are nasty trees, but like the yellow color in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. We are happy to enjoy a nice rain today. Hope your afternoon goes well.

troutbirder said...

I had some surrounding our old house. Your right they're fast growing and really fragile....

Reflection