Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rose Hips..........................


There is a beauty in the color and shape of a rose hip.  The form and the little flower shape on the end of them from the spent flower gives us another flower shape.  I have been having trouble getting a good shot of them as I refuse to show a blurry one to you.  The camera wants to focus on the leaves around them and I get great leaves with a fuzz ball for rose hips. 

This yellow rose has large hips and they stayed on because of the good rains we have been having.  Most of my roses only had a few surviving ones as most dried up early on in the summer. I can see from the photo that I need to go prune out the dead branches in the back.  I guess I should carry my shears with me will I carry my camera around taking shots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good shot. We miss having roses but just don't feel like planting any. We have left lots of nice roses behind for others to enjoy at our last 2 homes. At our last home, the mom was going to cut down the 6 vitex bushes because her 9 yr old is afraid of bees. ouch....my heart hurts to think of those bushes gone.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful! You inspiore me to go out and photograph our rose hips.

And re your Minnesota rocks -- we don't have those glacier smoothed beauties down here in NC -- but I brought a whole suitcase of them back from upstate NY and several from Scotland. I love rocks!

Karen said...

Interesting colors and shape!

Valerie said...

You have reminded me of the rose hip syrup I used to have as a child.

Reflection