Monday, October 14, 2013

The Wood PIle........


Wood from my father in law's farm is still laying under the tree where I placed it a few years ago. I think it is time to cut it up into smaller pieces and bring into the basement.  I have blogged about this wood before a few years back.  It is the wood from a coffee tree.  It is a hardwood that burns really well.  I need to half it as it is too long for my fireplace. I did burn my fireplace with scrap wood from my shed but it would be good to have an emergency batch in case we loose electricity this winter.


4 comments:

Patsy said...

I wonder if we are in for a cold bad old winter? It was not to bad for us this past winter. Be a good scout and be prepared. LOL

Anonymous said...

We are hoping it won't be a bad winter. We are much further north and this area tends to get ice during winter months. For the first time ever, we are in a total elec. home. It will be the fireplace or nothing!!!

Valerie said...

I think it's marvellous that wood is so longlasting. I wonder does it ever rot down? I love the smell of a wood fire, unfortunately I don't get even to see one now.

George said...

I need to get serious about working on our wood pile as well.

Reflection