Friday, January 31, 2014

Firetruck........


A toy firetruck in my collection reveals the look of the early style of toy trucks.  The way the truck is designed reminds me of how they also drew the vehicles in early cartoons. I remember in early cartoon the firetrucks and police cars all had the same look. The window shapes were simplified like this one and the front windows had the middle brace to secure the roof.  I have never seen a truck like this with the accessories to know what was suppose to be on the hooks. Maybe a short ladder goes there.  The tires are a rubber like material which dates the toy prewar days.

3 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

You can really see the similarity between the truck and the cars of the same period : almost as though they had stretched it a bit and added an open boot (trunk)

Anonymous said...

It's a great old truck, Larry.

Linda said...

I love this old truck, Larry!

Reflection