Friday, January 24, 2014

Sparrows From Far and Near........


The sparrows are really hungry as they have flown in with great speed.  The seem to be more nervous in large groups and the slightest movement by me from the window causes them to flee.  While they feed, other large amounts of them fly in to  force the first ones to move out.  It is like a swarm of bees when they get going.  Haven't seen other wild birds at the feeder the past few days, just woodpeckers.  A neighboring town friend posted pictures of robins at her house which is the earliest I have ever heard of that ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picture. It does seem early to see Robins.

Hope you two have a nice weekend and that your temps warm.

L. D. said...

I spend my whole time blogging trying not to end my sentences with a preposition. I rewrite them often. I like when I read sentences from people who are not from middle US who are not like us. I wanted to add an up to the end of Blackberry's warm. I spend a lot of time taking those up's and from's off of my sentences.

Anonymous said...

LOL! If you could hear me talk in person (pronounced in southern as "tawlk") you would not worry about your sentence structure!

John, from Detroit, still does not exactly talk like a southerner. Recently in the grocery, a little boy said, "Mama, don't forget the Meelk (milk). He must have repeated that 5 times and John and I were trying not to giggle.

George said...

We don't have flocks of sparrows around our feeders, but the finches sure take over at times. We saw our first robin at a feeder a couple of years ago. He sure picked the wrong time to visit Tennessee.

Linda said...

Robins? That is early! Lovely photo, Larry!

Reflection