Thursday, January 23, 2014

Be Brave.......


I almost didn't post this. I started then almost deleted it.  It is a good photo.  I guess it just isn't that entertaining.  But my gut feeling was to show a well taken photograph like what you would see in the modern world in mod art museums.  I know it is just an everyday item.  It is a decorated saucer that I picked up at a garage sale somewhere. The plate itself is an art deco painted piece on the front and it is Bavaria. 



I will go ahead and show you the front to help make sense of the photo.  It is hand painted and has a gold trim on it.  I have never looked for a cup that matched it but I bet it is of a straight sided design.  If you click on the top photo you can see it has an incised serial number.  I don't think I have seen that in dishes before now.  A mystery as to why I picked it up in the first place.  It must have been a quarter in price. Anyway I have filed it in my cobwebbed memory banks and someday I might find the cup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern and I had not seen FAVORITE BAVARIA before. I did a quick google search and see many patterns marked as such. They seem to be worth a lot of $. You made a good investment. It would be fun to find the cup now!

Valerie said...

I have heard of but never seen a Bavaria. Sounds like you got a good deal when you bought the plate. It's quite an attractive design, as well.

L. D. said...

Bavarian China is out there and when you research them this plate is an unusual pattern for their company. They have a lot of hand painted flowers designs.

Karen said...

I love the tiny blue hearts. Hope you will get the cup to match someday.

Reflection