Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Life Sized........


I was looking through a chest of drawers for some easels  that we keep in the gallery to display artwork and look what I found.  The old mind does not have a clue when and where I got it but I assume it was Hobby Lobby many years ago.  They have unfinished wooden bird houses and decorative items in which crafters can paint.  When there are craft shows, you can see the wood items are painted and sold as interior decor pieces. I  am sure the one birdhouse that was given to me was meant to be an indoor item but I have it outside under the eave.  How do you like my garment for a drape in the picture? I had one of my sweaters draped over a chair and I thought the orange would look better than the beige table cloth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater definitely makes the piece show up well! I remember having a metal car very similar to this when I was a kid.

It was 15 degrees at our home this a.m.!!!

Valerie said...

Are you going to paint the car, Larry? It looks rather nice, too nice to be put out of sight again. Who knows, your grandson might like it one day.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.